In 1930, the attachment of a Patrol from Winterbourne to 3rd Salisbury was reported, and soon afterwards Scouts and Cubs were formed under Mr S C Ford and Miss Theophilas respectively. Capt. Smedley became Scoutmaster in 1932, to be succeeded in 1933 by Mr W E Chard, in which year the Misses L E and M S Squires became Cubmistress and Assistant Cubmistress respectively. There were then 12 Cubs and 6 Scouts, but numbers declined later and the group closed down around 1937.
In 1948, the Cub Pack was re-started by the Vicar, Rev. H A Blair. In 1952, Mrs P C Goody took over, Rev. Blair becoming Assistant Cubmaster until his departure a year or so later. In 1954, Miss E Bright became Assistant Cubmistress. The Pack has been active in attending most district and county events over the past 20 years. For a long time the Pack Scouters continued alone, but at last in 1963, it was possible to start a Troop with Mr D A Murkin as Scoutmaster, until his posting by the RAF to a Cadet College.
Mr W Axon took over, and the Troop has continued to prosper, including amongst its members, Canadian and American boys, sons of visiting members of their countries forces. Some Senior Scouts were included. In 1967, Martin Axon attended the National Patrol Leader's Camp on Brownsea Island, as part of the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations.
Mrs Goody recently retired as Cubmistress, and Mrs Johnstone has succeeded her, with Major Gummeson, a Canadian as Group Scoutmaster, and we look forward to the continued success of the Group.